ENERGY STAR® Tankless Water Heater Program
Need to install or replace a water heater in your home? Upgrade to a high efficiency tankless model and let New Mexico Gas Company help you pay for it.
Heating water uses 25 percent of every energy dollar, so replacing your water heater with an energy-efficient tankless water heater can provide substantial savings. Install an ENERGY STAR tankless water heater with an Energy Factor of 0.82 or better to take advantage of this rebate offer. Equipment must be installed by a licensed and insured participating contractor.
Since the cost to install a tankless water heater in a new home is lower than a homeowner’s cost to install a replacement unit, New Mexico Gas Company offers the following rebates:
New Homes: $300 Rebate
Existing Homes: $375 Rebate
How to Participate
1. Contact one of our participating contractors.
2. Hire a participating contractor to install a new ENERGY STAR tankless water heater in your home.
3. Submit the New Mexico Gas Company Rebate Application along with a copy of your invoice to the rebate processing center. Applications may be submitted by email, fax or U.S. Mail.
4. Your rebate check will be mailed from the processing center in six to eight weeks.
About ENERGY STAR Tankless Water Heaters
By heating water only when it’s needed, ENERGY STAR qualified gas tankless water heaters cut water heating expenses by up to 30 percent, while also providing continuous hot water delivery. Gas tankless models are a great choice for new construction and major remodeling, but are also becoming popular as a replacement for gas storage water heaters. Consider a qualified tankless water heater for home and enjoy these benefits:
· Save energy and money. You don’t use hot water 24 hours a day. Yet a standard tank-type water heater consumes energy round the clock to keep the water in its tank hot. ENERGY STAR qualified tankless water heaters save the typical family as much as $100 per year on gas bills compared to a standard storage model.
· Continuous hot water. Tankless water heaters provide a continuous flow of hot water, so there’s no need to suffer through a cold shower if you’re the last one out of bed. Unlike with a conventional tank-type water heater, the hot water is always there when you need it.
· Space-saving design. A qualified tankless model saves you an extra closet’s worth of space compared to a tank-type water heater. Gas tankless water heaters are small and wall-mounted, unlike bulky tank-type water heaters. Models designed for outdoor installation free up even more space and add versatility to your basement, garage, or utility room.
· Fewer worries. Tankless water heaters have a longer life expectancy than conventional tank-type water heaters. And with a tankless model, the risk of tank leaks and water damage is a thing of the past.
Federal Tax Credits
In December 2012, Congress passed legislation which provides Federal Tax Credits for some consumer energy efficiency products. Certain water heaters are eligible for the tax credit.
Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency
IRS Form 5695 (including instructions)
Note: This information pertains to residential energy improvements. The IRS rules are subject to change and the information provided may not be comprehensive. Other credits may be available or may become available. Contact the IRS or a tax preparer for advice.
Qualifying Tankless Water Heaters
To find out more about the ENERGY STAR Tankless Water Heater Program, please call 877-501-7835.
Are you a contractor interested in participating in this program?
Fill out our Contactor Registration Form: http://tinyurl.com/Water-Heater-Program-Interest
If you have any questions, please contact Robin Ribble-Harder at email@example.com