|About Your Bills > SERVICE STATION
|Choose from an expanding variety of customer services, manage your account, and select how you want to receive and pay your bills:
- View your current and past bills online and print out paper copies
- Pay your bills electronically or sign up for one of our convenient payment programs
- Access up to a one-year history of your bill payments and gas usage
- Sign up for Paperless Billing
- Request a letter of credit
Here’s how to log on and get started —
Go to Manage My Account.
If this is your first visit, create a new User Name and Password:
- Have your New Mexico Gas Company account number, current phone number or social security number (commercial customers will need their Tax ID number), zip code and e-mail address. This information is needed to validate your identity and account.
- Click on “Create New User” and fill in the blanks.
Locked out? If you find your account locked when attempting to log in, it could be due to repeated errors when attempting to log in. Please note that registered accounts will automatically be unlocked by 8 a.m. the next business day. If you need immediate access to your account,If you are unable to see one of your accounts contact us. Anytime you revisit our website, simply log in using your chosen User Name and Password to access your account.
Viewing your Account
Your account number will appear in the drop down menu at the top of the Manage My Account homepage. If you have multiple accounts, you can view the information on each account that you select in the drop down menu. Active accounts at the time of sign-up are noted with an “A” and inactive accounts with an “I.” New requests for natural gas service with service orders that are not closed are designated with an “N.”
On the left at your personal SERVICE STATION homepage, you’ll see your current natural gas bill information, including previous balance, last payment and balance due. Any important messages or alerts about your account or gas service will also appear in red. An added benefit is that your monthly bill is available online several days before it would normally reach you by mail.
On the right side, you’ll find a variety of “Self-Serve” customer services available at our SERVICE STATION to select from:
- Change my account profile: To change your password or email address.
- View current and past bills: To view your current and past gas bills for up to one year, and print out pdf copies.
- View my bill payments: To access up to a one-year history of your bill payments. You will also be able to view pending electronic payments that you've authorized but have not yet been processed by your bank.
- View my gas usage: To see how much natural gas you’ve used each month for up to the past year. Here, you can view the dates your meter was read (listed as the “charge date”), the number of days read, the meter reading, cost per cubic foot (CCF), therms you used, and your total charges.
- View gas usage charts: To see your natural gas usage in a chart form.
- Paperless billing: To sign up for Paperless Billing.
Please note: Online Service Station features are not yet available for commercial Summary Billing customers. If you are currently on a payment plan with us, your bills viewed through our online Service Station will not reflect your payment plan amounts. If you need copies of your bills, contact Customer Service at 505-697-3335 (Albuquerque Metro) or toll free at 888-NM-GAS-CO (888-664-2726) weekdays from 7:30 a.m to 6 pm. Or, email Customer Service.
- Request a letter of credit: To request a letter stating your internal credit standing with New Mexico Gas Company to instantly download and print, fax or email; or request a letter be mailed to you.
More Payment Choices
You’ll find more choices than ever before at our SERVICE STATION. You stay in control of your account and can choose the best way to receive and pay your bills to fit your lifestyle.
When you click on the gold “Payment Options” button, you’ll be taken to a page listing the payment options that are currently available. With just a click of your mouse, you can instantly make a payment, sign up for one of our convenient payment programs or learn more about other payment options:
Option 1: Make a one-time payment from your bank account: If you need to pay fast, you can make a one-time gas payment electronically from your checking or savings account — for free with no transaction fees.
Payments made by 6:00 pm will be processed and credited to your account the next business day. Please see the link on the left, One-Time Electronic Payment, for more information and complete instructions.
Customers without internet access and Spanish-speaking customers can also make a free one-time payment from their checking or savings account over the phone by calling us at 505-697-3335 (Albuquerque Metro) or toll free at 888-NM-GAS-CO (888-664-2726), weekdays, from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm.Option 2: Pay your bill automatically from your bank account each month: Sign up for automatic payments and your gas bills are paid electronically and automatically every month on time, every time — whether you’re in town, away on business or on vacation. With automatic bill paying, there are no more checks to write and you’ll never have to worry about a missed or late payment or interruption of your natural gas service. For complete information and to sign up, visit the Automatic Payment link on the left.
Option 3: Make a one-time payment using an e-check, or credit, check or debit (ATM) card: This service is offered by Western Union for a $2.50 transaction fee. Transactions can be made by phone or online. For more information or to go directly to Western Union, see the link on our website, One-Time Card Payments.
- Most banks and credit unions also offer electronic bill paying, making it easy to pay your gas and other bills electronically every month. See the link on our website, Electronic Bill Paying, for more information on setting it up with your financial institution.
Option 4: Pay in person: See a list of our walk-in payment offices, drop boxes and Western Union payment locations, also available at the link on the left, Pay in Person.
Option 5: To make payment arrangements: For information on requesting a payment plan, see the link on our website, Payment Plans.
- Find walk-in payment locations nearest you by using Google Earth. See the link, Payment Locations on Google, on the left for details.
With Paperless Billing enjoy the ease and convenience of viewing your bill when and where you choose.
Paperless Billing is free and available to both our residential and commercial customers, with no restrictions. You do not have to be enrolled in any type of automatic or electronic payment plan. You can enjoy the benefits of Paperless Billing and still choose how you want to pay your bills. And, you may enroll or unenroll at any time.
When you sign up for Paperless Billing, you’ll no longer get your New Mexico Gas Company bills through the mail. Instead, you’ll receive an email from us each month, letting you know that your gas bill is ready to view online. You will continue to be provided with the same helpful information and notices you’ve been receiving with your bill — only now online. An added benefit is that your monthly bill is available online several days before it would normally reach you by mail.
Please see the link on the left, Paperless Billing, for more information and to learn how to enroll.
Try it out for free
Check out Paperless Billing. You can try it out with no strings attached. Should you decide you want to go back to mailed paper bills, simply click on “Paperless Billing” and uncheck your account number to be taken off Paperless Billing. It’s that easy!
Why do we offer so many ways to view and pay your bill online?
- Online transactions are the fastest and most convenient way to pay and manage your account.
- They also save you time and money. The average customer saves 2.5 minutes per bill when paying electronically instead of writing a check.
- Online transactions offer more privacy and security, reducing the risk of identity theft because of lost checks and paper statements. Online transactions are also covered under more federally regulated protections than paper checks and can result in less fraud and fewer errors. The same secure networks that banks and governments use to send electronic ACH payments are used when paying bills electronically.
- Getting and paying bills electronically is also environmentally friendly and saves paper, trees, wastewater and transportation fuel.
Protect yourself from spam and e-mail fraud:
New Mexico Gas Company will never send you an e-mail asking you for your personal information or ask you to confirm your social security number, date of birth or driver’s license number via email. To help protect the security of your account and personal information, we also do not send your personal information or your bill through an e-mail. You can update the personal information in your New Mexico Gas Company account securely online by logging into your account at the “Manage My Account” link, or by calling us at 505-697-3335 (Albuquerque Metro) or toll free at 888-NM-GAS-CO (888-664-2726).